Pages

Thursday 16 February 2012

Time traveler's wife

There are few cases when a movie is better than a book. Counting on my fingers, the cases for me were two. One of them was the 'Lord of the rings' (I know some may pull their hair out by listening to this, but I just get bored on reading how the heroes were walking on, and on, and on....). The second was this case. 'Time traveler's wife'.

I firstly saw the movie; then found out there was a book. And I started reading it. And I couldn't finish it. Occasionally I get back to it (it's on my phone, so when I'm somewhere outside waiting, having nothing else to do, I read a few pages) because the story of Clare and Henry is always appealing. But the movie plot was so much tighter. It was shorter, it was dramatic, it was making sense.

-SPOILER- For instance when Henry gets the vasectomy in the movie, Clare becomes furious (it's an expected reaction; she 's hurt). On the book, she just says: 'OK', and this because she knows what's coming next. -END SPOILER-

I just can't get that feeling away. That the movie was so much more. It's worth watching, if you haven't seen it.

No comments: